The Never Say Diet Personal Fitness Trainer
by Chantel Hobbs
Karla's Review: For a long time I have believed that the secret to weight-loss and getting fit lies in making long-term lifestyle changes, not dieting. Chantel Hobbs shares that opinion. See her picture on the book cover? In 2001 she weighed 349 pounds! It took her several years but she lost 200 pounds by, first of all, committing to daily exercise (ouch!) and then changing to a more healthy eating style.
I was really impressed by her story. Thankfully, I don't have 200 pounds to lose but I definitely could stand to lose a few... and I know I'm way out of shape, so I have decided to try her method. That's where the Personal Fitness Trainer book comes in handy. It is a 16-week devotional/fitness journal. I am in week 3. The first week the plan was to begin an exercise routine by committing to exercise 5 days a week, plus making sure to eat breakfast every day. The second week the plan adds in consciously drinking more water and jotting down how much you drink. The third week is the same. I think by week 5 it will begin to address more of the eating issues. I appreciate how it's a gradual approach and allows for individual flexibility.
Visit the First Wild Card blog if you'd like to read the first chapter of each of these books.
No comments:
Post a Comment