Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Kosher By Design Lightens Up

No, I don't keep kosher. (Nor am I Jewish, in case you might have thought I am.) But I do enjoy cooking and I've been looking for ways to make more healthy meals and dishes for my family lately, so I was happy for the opportunity to review Kosher By Design Lightens Up by Susie Fishbein.

First of all, the book is just gorgeous. Lovely hardcover with full-page color photos of each dish. The recipe is on the left page and the photo of the dish is on the right page. Each recipe also includes thorough notes by the author telling where to get a particular ingredient, or substitutions or variations you can use, or just a little story of how she came up with the recipe. Not only that, the recipes look absolutely delicious. Some do call for ingredients I'm not familiar with, but even if I can't find the exact ingredient, I expect I can make substitutions and still come up with some yummy meals. The recipes in this book have a particular emphasis on eating healthy, so I look forward to trying some with my family.

No comments: