Sunday, January 18, 2009

Ghirardelli Chocolate

Every now and then I post a non-book review here on my book review blog. And what's one thing that goes well with books? Why, chocolate, of course! Recently I had a chance to try Ghirardelli's new Milk Chocolate with Peanut Butter Filling Squares. Think Reese's Peanut Butter cups, only better. And, naturally, more expensive!

I know it's nearly considered heresy, but I'm actually not a huge chocolate fan. No, I don't hate it... and I'm sure I eat my share of it. But I'm in the "take it or leave it" camp. That being said, my favorite chocolate is milk chocolate, and I do like peanut butter, so this was a very good choice of flavors for me. It's smoother and richer than the less expensive chocolates, but a 4 ounce bag is over $3, so I probably won't be getting it real often. Which is probably a good thing, because my waistline doesn't really need it.

Still, for a special treat, it was very yummy!