Sunday, January 25, 2009

Kiss

Kiss by Ted Dekker and Erin Healy was not really what I expected. I'm not sure exactly what I did expect, except that I've read a lot of Ted Dekker's books and this was different. It did have just a touch of the fantasy/paranormal feel to it that many of his novels have, but in many ways it was much more believable.

The main character, a young lady named Shauna, wakes up in the hospital after a car accident with partial amnesia. She can't remember anything that happened to her in the last 6 months, including the man who claims to be her boyfriend. She has a strained relationship with her father, a down-right hostile relationship with her stepmother, and a very good relationship with her brother. Then she finds out that her brother was in the same accident, and was injured even more than she was. Oh, and by the way, her father just happens to be running for president of the United States.

The plot of the story revolves around Shauna's attempts to figure out what is really going on, and who she can trust and who she can't. I find many mystery stories predictable, but this one wasn't. It kept me turning pages as I tried for myself to figure it out as Shauna did. Great read!

No comments: