Friday, October 24, 2008

Ore-Ida Steam 'n Mash potatoes

This post has nothing to do with books! LOL! However, I recently had the opportunity to try this product for free, so I thought I would share my opinion here.

If your family dislikes "instant" mashed potatoes (i.e. from flakes or powder) and you don't have time to make mashed potatoes from scratch, you might like this product. I was not particularly impressed.

Don't get me wrong. We liked it just fine... but we also like instant mashed potatoes just fine, and this frozen variety was considerably more expensive than the dry kind. I had a coupon for a free bag, so I didn't have to pay for it... but I couldn't help but notice that the price was over $4 a bag, and the bag only made enough for one meal.

On the plus side, my teen daughter cooked supper the night we had these, and she said they were super easy to fix. We also thought they tasted closer to made-from-scratch than the dry kind. So if you are picky about taste... and you need convenience, then go for it! Otherwise, don't bother.

No comments: