Friday, February 6, 2009

Her Story: A Timeline of the Women Who Changed America

This is a gorgeous "coffee table" style book! There is not a lot of text. Each page is a time line beautifully illustrated with paintings and photographs and just a short tidbit about each woman or event. As I flipped through the pages I noticed there were far more women I had never heard of than those I am familiar with. The illustrations and brief notes whetted my appetite to learn more.

I was intrigued by the title but figured it would be mostly about "women's libbers" or "feminists" and while there are certainly those listed, there are many, many more who were invaluable partners to their husbands, or homemakers who also achieved other things. With over 900 women spanning the breadth of American history, it is a fascinating glimpse into the story of our nation from a feminine point of view.

1 comment:

Alyce said...

This book looks fabulous! I've added it to my wishlist.