Saturday, February 28, 2009

Faith 'n Fiction

Faith 'n Fiction Saturdays is hosted by Amy on her blog My Friend Amy. Go there to join or read more posts.

Today's Question: Christian fiction is growing as a market, but there are still many unexplored storylines and under-represented genres. What issues or ideas would you like to see tackled from a Christian worldview? Or, what setting would you like to see? Which genres would you like to see more books?

My answer: I would like to see more stories from the earlier part of the 20th century... say, 1900 to about 1960... World War I, the Great Depression, World War II, the Cold War... but from an everyday stay-at-home/domestic female perspective, not battlefield/thriller type stories.

7 comments:

Lynn Squire said...

Can't think of any off the top of my head, but I have read a few in that era - Grace Livingston Hill wrote a few books in that time. Tricia Goyer has as well.

Nise' said...

Me too!!!

Anonymous said...

Unique answer. That would make for some different and interesting books.

My answers are up at Free Spirit-

http://tinyurl.com/cgvu7s

SmilingSally said...

Lynn Austin's A Woman's Place is one that fits in that time slot; it's a good one too!

Wyn said...

Oh that's a good idea.

http://wynsbooks.blogspot.com

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

I think Grace Livingston Hill fits that bill. But I have to confess I didn't like her books. Too cookie cutter to me!

My post

Anonymous said...

That time is so filled with early women's rights that sometimes the other ladies are overlooked.