Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Circle C Adventures

Turns out I'm pretty good at interpreting Old West slang! Why, doggies! Who'd'a thunk it?

Susan K. Marlow, author of the Circle C Adventure stories of the old west for kids, was running a little contest on her blog. She listed 20 phrases using Old West figures of speech, and the first 5 commenters to post the correct meaning of all 20 phrases won a tiny horse figurine and a bookmark. Being a "word" enthusiast, I couldn't resist playing along. And I was the 5th commenter to get them all correct! Yay for me!

Last summer I actually won a copy of one of Susan's books and a cute Beanie Baby horse during Bloggy Giveaway week. My 12-year-old daughter absolutely loves anything to do with horses, so she was thrilled that I won. She is very excited that I won this contest as well.

If you have a young lady in your life who loves horses and western lore, check out Susan's Circle C Adventures.




1 comment:

Andi Carter said...

This was a surprise, Karla, even though you told me you were going to post your "win." Nice post, BTW. You are a techy for sure. Anyway, I'd forgotten about what you said and happened to be on the Kregel blog looking for a quick link to the publisher page to look for a book, and I saw your blog name on some list there. I said, "Hey, I think I know this person" and hurried on over to see....well....your post.
Maybe the internet is NOT as big as we thought. :-)
Thanks for the free publicity. Don't you just love bloggyland?